Totally black. Totally matt. Stylish. All carbon. Uncompromising. Almost stealthy. The Monaco V4 Phantom continues the Tag Heuer dedication to superior watch-making and cutting edge design, with an initial run of only 50 pieces.
Produced and hand assembled La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, the Monaco V4 Phantom is made entirely from carbon fibre, with microscopic toothed micro-belt transmission (the size of a hair, no wider than 0.07 mm). Its linear weight moves on a rail and its ball bearings.
Watch aficionados will be well pleased with the new Carbon Matrix Composite (CMC) case, and the 7 bridges of movement, also in CMC. Carbon fibres are placed in a certain direction in the mould, then micro-blasted, giving them a regular and particularly elegant “matt black vertical brushed” appearance.
Ultra-lightweight with extra shock resistance, this sharp design is particularly unusual for a grand complication watch. Dark and moody, only the 48 jewels in the movement reveal discreet touches of red.
The celebrated Monaco V4 was first unveiled in 2004, and since then has won numerous awards. According to Tag Heuer “its belt transmission and linear weight, which moves on a straight rail (patented) rather than the usual rotational movement, the Monaco V4 turns the fundamental principles of horological mechanics on their head.”
With such low production numbers, the new Monaco V4 Phantom is made exclusively for watch collectors with high standards. As the official Tag Heuer retailer for Atlantic Canada, we offer the opportunity to reserve one of these rare watches in advance of the launch 2016 launch. To learn more, please call Pat Thompson at (709) 754-9497.
- 7 SANDBLASTED BRIDGES WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- SANDBLASTED BOTTOM PLATE WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- SANDBLASTED INDEXES WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- SANDBLASTED SCREWS WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- BLACK TRANSMISSION BELTS
- FACETED AND BRUSHED MINUTE AND HOUR HANDS WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING AND ANTHRACITE LUMINESCENT MARKERS
- BRUSHED SMALL SECOND HAND WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING AT 4 O’CLOCK
- ESCAPEMENT AND TRANSMISSION BELTS VISIBLE ON THE MOVEMENT
- SANDBLASTED HAND-APPLIED TAG HEUER LOGO WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- ANTHRACITE « V4 » MARKING ON CENTRAL BRIDGE
- CARBON MATRIX COMPOSITE CASE
- DIMENSION: 41 x 41 MM
- BEVELED SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL GLASS WITH DOUBLE-SIDED ANTIREFLECTIVE TREATMENT TO ENSURE THE BEST READABILITY
- SANDBLASTED TITANIUM CROWN WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING
- SAPPHIRE CASEBACK IN 3 SECTIONS
- HAND-STITCHED ANTHRACITE ALLIGATOR STRAP WITH SOFT TOUCH EFFECT
- TITANIUM FOLDING CLASP WITH BLACK TITANIUM CARBIDE COATING FEATURING SAFETY PUSH-BUTTONS
268 Components; 48 Jewels
- LENGTH : 31.5 mm
- WIDTH: 35 mm
- TOTAL HEIGHT: 9.15 mm
- 28’800 VIBRATIONS PER HOUR/ 4 HERTZ
- 42 HOURS
- SMALL SECOND AT 4 O’CLOCK
- 5 NOTCHED BELTS
- THICKNESS OF THE SMALLEST BELT: 0.07 mm
- 2 BELTS WITH INTERNAL STEEL REINFORCEMENT WIRE
- 2 PAIRS OF BARRELS LINKED BY A BELT, SET IN PARALLEL AND INCLINED AT 13°
- STRENGTH COLLECTING SET ON A MICRO BALL-BEARING AT 12 O’CLOCK
- LINEAR MASS WITH DOUBLE RACK RAIL, TUNGSTEN LINGOT
- 9 MICRO BALL-BEARINGS
Price: $52,800 CAD